Title: Direct Care II – MH
Status: Full or Part Time
Program: Mental Health Residential Services
Reports to: Program Director
SUMMARY: Direct Care II positions are responsible for promoting a supportive therapeutic relationship which fosters client growth. Staff will demonstrate a commitment to the principals of psychosocial rehabilitation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote consumer choice in all aspects of residential treatment.
- Provide supportive counseling/crisis intervention services to consumer, as needed.
- Assist consumer in maintaining housing.
- Assist consumer in development of Program Specific Treatment Plan (PSTP).
- Provide flexible levels of support to consumer, as detailed in PSTP.
- Assist consumer in development of natural support networks.
- Assist consumer in development of community living skills, as outlined in PSTP.
- Maintain ongoing communication with other treatment providers and other program staff.
- Perform record keeping to achieve DMH Rehabilitation Option Certification.
- Transport consumers, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- A valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Ability to climb stairs/stepladder.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Utilization of properly registered and insured personal vehicle to transport consumers.
- Valid Massachusetts Medication Administration Certificate.
- Some flexibility in scheduling may be required based on consumer need.
- Ability and willingness to abide by agency policies and procedures.
- Ability to walk from staff office at Westford group home to the 2nd floor of apartment adjacent to group home within a reasonable period of time (defined as one minute).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree in Human Services and /or 1 year human service work experience.
Applications should be sent to Program Director, Mental Health Residential Services,
Mental Health Association of Greater Lowell, Inc.